PROMOTIC is a complex SCADA object software tool for creating applications that monitor, control and display technological processes in various industrial areas.
- Application editor is the basic tool for creating applications in the PROMOTIC system, it is used for defining the tree structure of PROMOTIC objects, their setting, defining the algorithms, etc. The built-in VBScript language with Visual Basic syntax is used for writing user algorithms in the event programming, for accessing methods and properties of PROMOTIC system objects or other software applications. It represents unlimited possibilities of application development for the designers. The information and diagnostic INFO system is available for debugging the application.
- Panel editor is used for creating application graphic panels - by using the graphic items that are created by the designer according to his ideas by selecting from the palette of predefined items. It is possible to set the properties of these items, connect them by data bindings and this way to animate the created visualization. The link-up of data binding can be made for all important properties of graphic items: Color, Position, Size, Value and many others. Creating own compound graphic items is supported and the import/export to XML (to the text data) helps saving designer work and creating the application quickly.
- The PROMOTIC system is characterized by a completely new opened architecture. Build-in standard software interfaces: XML, ActiveX, ODBC, DAO, OLE, OPC, DDE, TCP/IP, WEB allow full integration of the PROMOTIC system with other software products. Thanks to this conception, it is possible e.g., direct link-up of the PROMOTIC system to industrial databases (MSSQL, MySql, dBase, Access, Oracle, SAP, etc.), link-up with communication servers and other software systems.
- The alarm means signaling a state that should not arise on usual conditions (e.g. overrun of technological limits of the variable, failure of the communication, etc.). PROMOTIC has built-in the alarm system that:
o registers alarm states in defined alarm groupss
o archives the states
o offers comfortable viewing of the current alarms with filtration, acknowledgement and sound notification
o allows viewing the alarm history.
- A important part of the PROMOTIC system is represented by a powerful trend system. It is based on storing values of the selected variables with the time stamp either in the memory or on the computer disk, making it possible to present these values in the graphic or table form subsequently as the time progress of these variables, or to have them ready for the further analyses. The selected variables are stored in the DBase, Access, binary PROMOTIC, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, FireBird format.
o The trends can be viewed in the Internet/Intranet networks by web browsers..
o It is possible to save the values periodically, by change or on request.
o It is possible to view multiple application trends in one trend viewer on different computers.
o It is possible to set the shape and color view of each trend
- PROMOTIC allows to view the applications remotely by the web browsers. Offering the panels is accessible in the form of automatically generated dynamic HTML pages, including backwards actions and control. These dynamic pages of the panels are created automatically in the development environment when compiling the panel and they are stored in the application data file. This allows the designer to create a network application from the local application in few minutes. It is also possible in real time to view on the remote PC the trends, alarms and events of the application in the internet browser. PROMOTIC Web server ensures data transfers and their security by users and permissions configuration. All transmissions are based on HTTP or HTTPS protocol (can easily pass through firewall).
- The applications focused on monitoring and control of technological processes, get or save data from/to external sources. The source of such values can be, e.g. : a database, PLC device, disk file, input/output PC card, other server on local or remote PC, etc.
The PROMOTIC disposes of:
o an extensive set of own highly parameterized communication drivers for the following PLC's:
o Siemens Simatic, SAIA, Mitsubishi, Allen-Bradley DF1, DF1Koyo, Omron, Telemecanique, Modicon, ADAM, communication protocol Modbus, M-BUS, IEC60870-5, and more.
o The drivers for modem connection, transmission over radio networks and GSM networks are available.
o Via the built-in standard interfaces OPC, DDE, ActiveX it is possible to be linked up to communication servers from other companies, for example, Simatic, Landis&Gyr, Honeywell, Bernecker&Reiner, Moeller, ABB, Allen-Bradley, Sauter, Unitronics, GE-Fanuc, Festo, Yokogawa, Lonworks, Lenze, and more.
o For creating decentralized applications in the Internet and Intranet networks, communication interfaces with the protocols TCP/IP, HTTP, XML, DCOM are available.
- PROMOTIC offers the following features for security of Your applications:
Login system of operators: Name, Password, rights, local and network access access
Possibility to filter all critical keys in Windows
Checking the running application: software WatchDog
Protection against overfilling the disk: recurrent structure of trends, alarms and events
Setting password for projects in the development environment - protection of user "know how"
- The PROMOTIC system uses the Unicode charset, therefore it is possible to create application in any national language. Internal system texts are translated into the following languages:
In the development environment it is possible to choose between English, Czech and Polish language. - In the runtime mode it is possible to choose the following languages for system texts: Czech, Slovak, English, Polish, German, Russian, French, Hungarian and even Farsi (Persian) etc..
- Promotic is a solution suitable for all industrial areas:
o Power Engineering (heat and water power stations, switching stations, cogeneration,...)
o Cars movement monitoring
o Steelworks (steel furnaces, calcars, coking plants, mill lines, agglomeration, ...)
o Ecology (emission monitoring, control of separators, waste water treatment plants, undusting, ...)
o Telemetric and control systems (water works, gas works, mines, heat distributions, ...)
o Measuring and regulation of energy consumption (electric power, heat, gas, water, ...)
o Control of food technologies (beverages, dairies, sugar refineries, oil presses, mill houses, ...)
o Heating plants (exchange stations, boiler plants, ...)
o Chemical industry
o Manufacturing industry
o Education and research
For further information about Promotic and Microsys company please refer to web site address www.promotic.eu
Novin Rai Control company as an exclusive distributor of Microsys company in Iran will be glad to receive your technical and commercial requests.